We just got back from a trip to Yellostone and Jackson Lake. The last time I was there was my 11th birthday. (Don't do the math... it has been a long time.) It is hard to enjoy the beauty of it all as a child so all that I could remember from back then was the stinky hot pots, the wooden walkways, and feeding the chipmunks. We went on that trip with my Aunt, Uncle and their 3 kids. I remember my oldest cousin's comment after we saw Old Faithful... "That was about as exciting as a dead dog!!" This comment now has been used in the family for many things since then.
I hope my children will be able to remember how beutiful it was, all of the animals we got to see, and time spent with my family. Corbin didn't go on this trip with us for many reasons. It was in the plan to take him but after my wonderful mother-in-law offered (3 times) to take him, I was releived. He's too young to remember it and everytime we stopped at a new place it would have required a big prodution... getting the stroller out, making sure we could take the stroller on the walkways or to carry him. Letting him walk on his own would have been out of the quesiton... he runs everywhere and he would have jumped in a hot pot for sure. We missed him a lot but I am sure he was better off being home this time. Bummer... I guess we will have to go back again!
We took our camp trailer and stayed in Colter Bay at Jackson Lake with my parents. My sister and her family came up and spent a few days with us too. All of us had a great time and we hope to go back soon!
The view of the Tetons from the lake was breath-taking. Here are a few pictures from our trip.
Ready, set, hold your breath!!
SHHH! Don't tell the parkrangers!!
Yancey thought this would look better with
cross-hairs on it.
This is one of 3 bears that we saw. (2 grizzly
and 1 black bear)
Kaysen enjoyed Grandpa's boat ride.
3 bucks and a doe were enjoying this little island
till we came along!
4 years ago
6 comments:
What is that, an elk? That thing is huge? Amazing pic. (:
You didn't mention the most important part of Jackson. Did you go to the fudge factory? Did you bring any back for me? I'll have to go next time to make sure you stop!
Cindy! It's so good to hear from you! I'm glad you found the blog! You guys look like your having so much fun- we really miss Logan! I can't belive how big the kids are!!!
Oh and Corbin is a doll!!! That is the first time i've ever seen pictures of your littlest one!!! I guess I should still say congrats- even though he's not exactly a baby anymore!
Cindy! I'm so happy you have a blog. And I was super bummed that we didn't get together. That would have been so much fun there in Yellowstone. I loved the pictures!
I wish we could of got together in Yellowstone, you got some really cool pictures.
Post a Comment