CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 30, 2008

Disappointment

I know that this may come as a surprise to some of you... but we won 6 tickets to the Circus! (You know... "the greatest show on earth") The part that was supposed to surprise you was the fact that I won them and not Yancey this time!
We invited Mackie, my 12 year old niece and Kai, my 4 year old nephew to come with Bailey and Kaysen. We have been to this show several times before and the whole thing was great, beginning to end! This time however was bad. They did really lame skits and sang a bunch of dumb songs while dancing around. The only thing that was cool was the 7 motorcycles they put in a round cage. They rode around each other at top speed with only inches between them... which had me thinking I was going to witness someone die, but it was sure cool to watch!! The elephants were the other cool thing to watch. It is amazing how they can get animals of this size to do the tricks they do. Which reminds me... PITA was outside holding signs that said to ban the show and to stop the abuse of the elephants. They looked healthy and happy to me! I fell asleep during several other things. I knew that it wasn't a good sign when Kai fell asleep through some of it too! The worst part of it for me was the $12.00 cotton candy!! Yes that is right $12.00 for $.02 worth of sugar! They also had $9.00 snow cones... people were buying several of them too - what the heck??? I should have been holding up a sign of my own, banning the sale of the overpriced merchandise and telling the crowd they are idiots!!
Thanks for letting me vent about it!... We had a great time with all of the kids anyway and we were grateful to have spent time with Mackie and Kai.

3 comments:

The Whitmers said...

I can't believe that you weren't willing to pay $12 so your kids could have some cotton candy. "What kind of mother are you anyway?" Just teasing. That is a rip off!!! Cotton candy is good, but not that good!

Tina Fraidenburg said...

We were going to to go to the circus as well, but we couldn't when we found out John had drill that weekend. I am rather glad we didn't go then. I would have wanted to purchase $12 for cotton candy. (not that I would have, It's just when you have the munchies, there's no saying what I may have done) Hopefully, next year will be better.

Elise and Lane said...

Hey- i'm jealous- i've never been to the Circus and have always wanted to go... thanks for the tips for a future visit!!